- Remember the basics - Outlets are great for underwear, sheets and towels.
- Choose your moment - If you can time your urges, try to make them coincide with the following dates.
HOLIDAY SALES / President’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter/Spring Week, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, The Day After Thanksgiving (A big one!), After Christmas and After New Year’s.
STORE SALES / Liquidation Sales, Fire Sales, Manager’s Sales, Summer’s End Sales, Winter’s End Sales, Anniversary Sale, Inventory Sale and Closing Sales.
- Beware of faults - Look for broken seams, zips etc. But don’t reject something if it can be easily mended.
- Know your stuff - Familiarize yourself with collections so you can spot good buys.
- Consider a bus tour - Tour operators get to know retailers who offer spot specials and extra discounts to tour groups.
And Compare, Compare and Compare…